www.justgiving.com/martin-sunshine-ride

Please give generously to help me raise funds for the Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity (Charity No. 1102529). Thankyou.

Monday, May 17, 2010

It All Went Pear v2

I don't believe this. Soon I'll get the hang of this damn system!

Have been off air for a while due to a failed password and now when I go and post I lost my first thoughts hence why the last post is empty, null and void! Let's try again....

On the fundraising front all is quiet with only 7% of my fundraising target reached thus far so I have a 'Come Dine With Me' Session organised at work on Friday where I'll share more detail about the event and charity as I try and raise awareness. If you wish to sponsor my efforts then please go to www.justgiving.com/martin-sunshine-ride.

On the bike front, my bursitis has been playing up causing havoc with my training through February and March but new shoes, pedals and the marvellous Specialized Shims (footbed inserts) have got me back on the bike. My foot is still painful and toe numb but at least I can now ride.

Richard B and I did the Verenti Cornwall Tor yesterday. 73 miles and almost 8,000' of climbing including the successful ascent of Millook at 30%+ gradient. We were both delighted to complete the event but cramp in the latter stages was due to the interupted training schedule.

I'm understanding how hard serious training can be when you're trying to juggle your job, family and hobbies all at once. Life is definitely not dull!

No comments:

Post a Comment