www.justgiving.com/martin-sunshine-ride

Please give generously to help me raise funds for the Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity (Charity No. 1102529). Thankyou.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Keep it Coming (Sponsorship. Not Pain)

Successful few days on the sponsorship front with a steady stream of pledges. The selling of shirt space ends tomorrow and I reckon I have 8 names on the shirt thus far. Shirts I might add generously supported by Rob at the Certini Bicycle Company in Saltash. Rob's looked after myself and the bikes now for 2 years and he does a grand job of keeping me on the road. He has offered support as I attempt LEJOG and for that I thank him greatly.

Ouch, ouch, ouch! Blasted feet have started playing up again. Gill is away this w/e and I thought I was in Munich next week so have been packing in the miles with the long one last Saturday and then 3 commutes to work this week plus a 37.5mile run home on Tuesday night. I should heed my earlier words of breaking the training up so it's a few days off for me as the feet are tender again. The best description I have heard is repetitive strain injury hence the impotance of mixing the training up. Come September, buy shares in Nurofen as sales are bound to rocket!

Was planning a gentle ride this w/e but as Kate has chicken pox this will likely be postponed. Oh and how generous SSK? It's his birthday this Sunday and he's asked well wishers not for presents but to sponsor at www.justgiving.com/martin-sunshine-ride. What an absolute star!

No comments:

Post a Comment