www.justgiving.com/martin-sunshine-ride

Please give generously to help me raise funds for the Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity (Charity No. 1102529). Thankyou.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Can it really be so?

Well yes it can. Today was my last 'big' ride before the off. An 'easy' 66 miles across the moor with 6,700' of climbing. Weather great first thing (7.10am start) as I looped Burrator, crossed to Moorshop and then climbed to Two Bridges. The next time I do this stretch I'll be accompanied. On through Postbridge and then down to Ponsworthy Bridge, Dartmeet and the 25% at Hexworthy. Descended to Buckfastleigh where the heavens opened so jacket on for the last 10 miles home. Is this a taste of what's to come I wonder as 50mm of rain is forecast for tonight!

At home the bike has had a good clean and then its a tyre change and into Certini for a final check over. Exercise plans for the week ahead are a couple of commutes if the weather holds and maybe a swim. Nothing too serious. The foot is ok but I have a niggle at the top of my left hamstring. Feel it occasionally on the bike though hurts more walking uphill. Good incentive to ride! Let's hope it doesn't stiffen up on the ride!

Bag is now packed as yesterday's wet weather gave me time to fill it. Problem is the bag's missing 20% of my kit. Bigger bag or more thrifty? Tough choices will need to be made. I didn't realise how much space my energy gels and powders would take so I'd imagine the bag will be a lot lighter come the end.

Wore my Oakley Radars for the first time today which were fantastic. My other glasses are quite small so I normally 'cry' downhill. No such issues now. Just waiting for my leg warmers and the kitty will be exhausted.

Hal enjoyed his ride, staying in place admirably. Not sure he liked the rain though. He may need a wash en route if he begins to pong!

No comments:

Post a Comment