www.justgiving.com/martin-sunshine-ride

Please give generously to help me raise funds for the Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity (Charity No. 1102529). Thankyou.

Friday, August 27, 2010

A pain in the a$$!

Nightmare. Had a slightly tight hamstring the last few weeks so decided to see a phsio this Wednesday. It had niggled at me when I rode on Sunday so decided to try and do something about it before it was too late. Saw Vicky Llewellyn at Plymouth Physio who detected tightness in my left hamstring near the top that continued up into my glute. Massage and ultrasound and a new stretch shown I left Vicky feeling great. Tightness returned in the evening though. It's not too bad on the bike but hurts going upstairs and I'm desperate not to pull the muscle further.

Went on the trainer in the morning for 30mins on Thursday for the third morning this week just to spin the legs. Doesn't hurt with no load but we'll see when the hills rise upwards.

Weird week as beacause of the leg I'm almost keen to avoid the bike. For goodness sake don't lose your momentum at this 11th hour Mr Templar!

Friday morning and the trainer's had it following my fall from the machine a few weeks back therefore had to miss training today. Saw Vicky again who worked hard with massage on the leg and then ultrasound. Shown how to massage whilst away plus Ibuleve gel recommended and then frozen peas and a hot water bottle. Am now certain the 'niggle' will be with me for the whole trip. I've been injury free all these months except for my foot. Why now?

No comments:

Post a Comment