www.justgiving.com/martin-sunshine-ride

Please give generously to help me raise funds for the Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity (Charity No. 1102529). Thankyou.

Monday, August 23, 2010

Inspirational Alice!

Had a message from Alice today. It appears her health has not been great which is hugely disappointing as she was soon hoping to go home. She has given me fresh motivation as she's posted this on ther blog...

Martin’s Sunshine Ride for @RaysofSunshine August 23rd, 2010 | Author: Alice Halstead

As some of you may remember in November 2009, I was interviewed on Radio Five Live about my condition and also Rays of Sunshine!! That afternoon, Martin Templar was listening and was inspired by my story…he wanted to fullfill one of his dreams – to cycle from Land’s End to John O’ Groats – whilst also fulfilling the dreams of children living with serious and life limiting illnesses.

In August/September Martin will cycle 970 miles in 12 days. He said “I’m trying to fulfill a dream whilst at the same time raising loads of cash for serious and terminally ill children so that they might fulfill theirs.” In an email i received from him today, he said “You’ll see that I have a Rays of Sunshine teddy bear strapped to my bike. I’ve named him ‘Hal’ after you as you are the inspiration for this fundraising effort. I wanted a tangible reminder as to why I’ll be putting my body through the pain. Hal had his first ride yesterday and he enjoyed the views though got a little wet as the heavens opened with 10 miles to go.”

Martin is number two now of Rays of Sunshine’s top fundraisers on JustGiving!! Yikes, he is catching up with me!! Please give him some encouragement and donate here

Thank you Martin and Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment