www.justgiving.com/martin-sunshine-ride

Please give generously to help me raise funds for the Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity (Charity No. 1102529). Thankyou.

Monday, September 6, 2010

hit the straps, carlisle to kilmarnock

After yesterdays shenanigans and a good nights sleep it was my day to prove a point to myself and others. I'm not here for a social but to ride and raise funds for ROS. The day was set fair and with a strong south easterly today would be fast. A7 to longtown and then the border at gretna. Rode with 'my group'to annan and dumfries. Scenery of southern uplands was fab with hills, forests rivers and valleys. Never thought I would return to Scotland by bike! After a warm lunch at Sanquhar I hit my straps at new cumnock with 25 miles to go. Those miles flew by in a flash as I completed them solo in an hour. I did enjoy the 'time trial ' and it did me a lot of good getting to the hotel first. I felt free like the clown and the wolfman for those that know restless natives.after washing it was off to the bar for some social lemon and limes. 95 miles covered in less than 5 and a half hours was fantastic going. Only 2317 calories today but every one felt great. Can't believe there's only 5 days to go as its flown by. I'm massively enjoying the riding and our fair isle. Our small group of fellow MAMILS is great but I am looking forward to seeing Gill and the kids and dogs as I miss them all.
Tomorrow will be wet. VERY wet.
Keep on pedalling.
Martin
Ps if you get a chance check out Kevin Sells blog on Blogger for today. It's anatomical description is superb! Thanks for all the love and please keep giving for ROS.
Pps thankyou Carrie for your mail today. It put a smile on my face when I needed it. You and all my supporters are fab. Thankyou all.

1 comment:

  1. I'm really suprised you had a 'problem'
    On outr LEJOG last year there was a group that wanted to divert off to tackle some extra hills ie Kirkstone 'death' pass!!!
    Can't see why that's aproblem.
    My advice though is to slow down & soak up the enviroment - particularily in Scotland.
    Invarary is a magical place (great beer in pub on main street near the Prison (where they tortured captured English soldiers...)
    It gets better & better from now on! enjoy!

    ReplyDelete