www.justgiving.com/martin-sunshine-ride

Please give generously to help me raise funds for the Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity (Charity No. 1102529). Thankyou.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

looks like we made it

Yes I have been singing Barry manilows famous lyric for the last few days and today it came true. Currently lying in bed in the west highland hotel in inverness having broken my duck and drink a few malt whiskys tonight. Goodness only knows what my head will be like in the morning. We rolled over the finish line this morning at around 10.30 to be welcomed in by friends and family. I went down to the sea to touch it and check it really wa there. Jane have me a saltire to wave in Chris hoy fashion and photos were taken ad infinitum. Quick sprint to get my sheet stamped so I'm official an end to ender and then on the bus with my compatriots for the journey to inverness. Very emotional on the coach as I listened to los marillos and fish whilst watching picures of the family on the iPod. I'm so blessed and am delighted that I've raised over 6k for those less fortunate than my own. Tonight we have had Chinese and celebrated. Early night for me again though as I'm dolphin watching tomorrow and then flying home to be with my beloved family.
I'll update the blog further when home but for now it's journeys end.
For now, stopped pedalling.
Martin

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Martin - what an achievement!!
    Catch up soon :) R R F and H x

    ReplyDelete
  2. well done all
    Hey didnt realise you are a Marillion/fish fan
    I am big time! I try to get to their gigs when they tour - Fish been a bit quiet as he gets divorced & throat problems..
    Along with SPOCKS BEARD, IQ, PORCUPINE TREE, CAMEL, MOSTLY AUTUMN, ASTRA etc etc
    Contact me we can trade some mp3!
    Clive cliveshackleton'at'gmail.com

    ReplyDelete