www.justgiving.com/martin-sunshine-ride

Please give generously to help me raise funds for the Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity (Charity No. 1102529). Thankyou.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

singing in the rain, kilmarnock to inverary

Very wet and windy this morning. Waterproofs, tights and overshoes on for the first time on the trip. We have been so lucky with the weather to date that its almost made it easy! Miserable cycling for 90 minutes to largs along the coast. I got there first as my time trialling legs were still with me as I just wanted to get to the hotel and get warm. Problem was I went to the wrong ferry , oops! Realised my error so then went 2 up with Andrew for the next 40 minutes up the coast as the wind was in our faces and hit us like a sledgehammer! The feash smell of the sea soon gave way to rotten seashore smells. Thankfully the curlew, gannets, cormorants and oyster catchers helped lift me as we battled along. At Gouroch we had to wait 90 minutes for a ferry to dunnoon where I got very cold so I tucked into my first irn bru and a couple of Snickers. Cycling holidays are great as you can eat all sorts of rubbish completely guilt free and ladies the ratio of men to women is 13 to 1! 30 minute ferry ride where spirits were lifted by songs from the shows. My favourite things and oom pa pa being particular favourites. We then sang right through till lunch and well into the afternoon. The karaoke king is back!dried up after lunch as we cycled around loch eck and then THE loch fyne, no, not the one in reading! Stopped for fresh fish at the shop but it looked like a Tesco fish counter so we rolled on only to get drenched in the last 5 mile time trial to the hotel where I tweaked the hamstring again, will I ever learn? Inverary is fantastic. Cloud has lifted tonight and we are now in real Scotland! I love this place. Tomorrow will be a great day up to invergary. I cannot wait. 79 miles today with 2483. Calories burned. Thanks for all the supportive messages from 'sunny' Devon you lucky lot. They really are a great morale boost. Please keep the sponsorship coming too as I've had no donations this week and yet am so close to 6k. Please, please, please give all that you can.
Keep on pedalling. Martin
Ps hal wasn't keen on the weather but enjoyed it when we sang the wombles.

No comments:

Post a Comment