www.justgiving.com/martin-sunshine-ride

Please give generously to help me raise funds for the Rays of Sunshine Children's Charity (Charity No. 1102529). Thankyou.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

staring out over the bridge

Fabulous day today that I reckon topped the wonders of Dartmoor, but then I was in my home county. Zipped along from tiverton to taunton at a steady 18mph with the 9 in the ,faster, peleton.then took them on a detour past Kingston and up the 15 prevent to the pines café for coffee and crusha. Fast descent to bridgwate and the long stop for bike mainstenance at another bike shop befor zipping across the levels to wedmore and cheddar. I could get used to this pro cycling lark! Except I was almost taken out by a lorry as I tried to ride continental style on the right! Climbed shipham Gill on the mendips for lunch in the village before through to Churchill, congresbury, tatton and clevedon. Then a lane following the M5 north from where I spotted a peregrine. Onto the drinks stop, ovee the Avon bridge, throug avonmouth at 21mph and then onto the PLD Severn bridge. Great weather and fine views. Crossed to chepstow to me some of the Bristol family who had kindly brought fresh clothes!drank and showed dad the bike stable. Horses in there are worth over 6k you know! Wasted on us mamils!
Great day. We now leave the south west and go due north. Was it only 2 days ago I was at lands end?
88 miles and 3425 calories for you sweepstake junkies. Keep on pedalling!
Martin
Ps Tom's snoring to radio 4. LOUDLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment